These are the questions
1. Which King united Upper and Lower Egypt?
2. Where are Pharaohs Buried?
3. On which continent is Egypt?
4. What is the longest river in the world?
5. What is Khoh?
6. What is a Scarab?
7. What desert borders Egypt in the west?
8. When did most Egyptian girls get married?
9. What is papyrus?
10. Why is King Tut famous?
11. Name an Egyptian board game that is kind of
12. This is a device made out of sticks and a stone
that the Egyptians used to move water.
13. Who invented the Pyramid?
14. How long has the first pyramid been in existence
if it was built in 2055bc?
15. Which Pharaoh had over 100 wives and almost
16. Thoth had the head of what type bird?
17. Who found King Tuts tomb?
18. Which Egyptian god had the head of a Hawk?
19. Who is the Egyptian god of the underworld?
20. Which Pharaoh had the most children (almost
21. A mummy is wrapped in how many yards of linen?
22. Egyptian embalmers used what type of salt to
dry out a body?
23. What was the Egyptian sun god called?
24. How did the sun move across the sky?
25. Which Egyptian god was the guardian of the
Underworld and had the head of a Jackal?
26. What shape were the pyramids built in?
27. What do we call Egyptian writing?
ANCIENT EGYPT UNIT TEST
No answers are included for the test questions
Matching. Write of the letter of
the statement in column B
Fill in the blank. Write in the word that best fits in the sentence.
6. ____________ is an Egyptian cosmetic.
7. _________________ discovered King Tuts tomb.
8. The longest river in the world is the _______.
9. A ___________ is a device used to move water using a lever, bucket, and counterweight.
10. A reed that Egyptians used to make boats, shoes, houses and paper is ___________.
Multiple choice: Circle the most correct answer.
11. The desert to the west of Egypt is called
a. the Gobi desert.
12. The Egyptian god of scribes, who had the head of an Ibis is
13. The egypts and the Egyptians both invented what
a. Chewing gum
14. The Egyptian symbol for life is called what?
15. How long did it take to prepare an Egyptian mummy?
a. 7 months
True or False: Circle either true of false.
16. Howard Carter died shortly after finding King Tuts tomb, a victim of the Mummies curse.
17. Ra or Amon Re, the sun god pulled the sun across the sky in the solar boat.
18. Egyptian girls mostly married by age 12.
19. When there was no mummy buried there, priests used the pyramids as a place to live.
20. It took about 400 yards of linen to wrap up a mummy.
Short answer: Fill in the blank with the correct word or words.
21. The skirt like garment that men wore is called a ___________.
22. The Egyptian god who guarded the mummy, and had the head of a Jackal was called _____________.
23. One of the favorite Egyptian foods was ______________.
24. The yearly flooding of the Nile river was called
25. This annual flooding left _____________________ behind allowing Egyptians to farm.
Essay Questions: Answer the following essay questions in paragraph form. You do not need to write the question; however, I should be able to tell which essay you are answering by your first sentence.
1. Describe Egyptian daily life to include: what they ate, families, what they wore, where most people worked. how they played.
2. Describe the process of mummification, including the reasons for it.
For complete units, lesson plans and additional
activities on Ancient Egypt, plus links to detailed information on Egyptian
Pharaohs, Gods, Daily Life, and for lesson plans on other ancient civilizations,
Right click and
save to your computer, size, and print out